Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Antlers.


Soooooo I'm excited to let you all know about this album I purchased this morning. It's called "Hospice," and it's by The Antlers. I heard the song 'bear' on Pitchfork's track reviews and was pretty floored. While I usually find myself disgusted with Pitchfork, they do review relevant music even know they don't have any idea what they are talking about most of the time. The Antlers happened to be a very relevant band. After listening to the album straight through I cannot recall one single song that disappointed me. One thing required of you as a listener is to listen to the entire song that I'm going to post. The Antlers might seem super mellow and moody but their songs have a tendency to shape shift. Yes, shape shift. I don't want to guarantee that you will like this album, but this album is full of songs worthy of an extensive amount of spin. Songs like 'Shiva,' the aforementioned 'Bears,' 'Kettering' and the 8 minute gem 'Wake' stand out on first listen. But the whole album was a very smooth full listen through. At no point was I reaching to skip a song. I have a feeling this album will be sticking around in my iPod for quite a while. The song embedded is called 'Kettering" it's one of the better ones on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment