Thursday, April 23, 2009

Passion Pit - "The Reeling"


Here is a band that you might have heard of by now called, Passion Pit. I coped their Ep, "Chunk of Change," a tad over a month ago and have had a fantastic time exploring it. My immediate favorite song was "Sleepyhead," but their are other greats like "Smile Upon Me" and "Better Things." Turns out I'm not a lone fan of these dude from the Boston area. Turns out everyone has been hyping the shit of these guys even picking them as their "band of 2009." While Passion Pit is great, and brings new sound to the table, I wont be so quick on my judgement. There is a lot of 2009 left to go people, who knows what's in store. So this post is mainly supposed to be about Passion Pit's new video/song debut called "The Reeling." The video and the song are both excellent. If the Ep wasn't quite selling you on Passion Pit, I think "The Reeling makes a strong case for you to go out and buy their debut album, Manners on May 19th. I believe I will be. So let me get my SNL host on right now. Ladies and gentleman, Passion Pit.


Passion Pit - The Reeling from Smoke My Tabaco on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment